And it's less than a month away!
- Looks like we are going to be hosting a big buck competition this year, but being the first year and the website being remade, it will probably only be for people hunting in Wise County only.
- Johnny over at Rut Country Taxidermy is an SCI certified scorer and will probably be the one to score them... I will post details about it later on!
- And yes, next year we will make it for Wise and surrounding counties, then hopefully to North Texas. This year it will be pretty straight forward, but next year the options will be open for different divisions...
- I just bought one of these... Pick Stick! If you dove, duck, or goose hunt, you must get one, you will not regret it! Video of it in action.
- TPWD had a media release about the rise of Geocaching (a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.) and after I read the article they had, I found a geocache without the use of a GPS device. It was a waterproof box with camo duct tape all over it to keep it hidden... Ironic!
- All it had was a stamp (like an ink stamp) and a journal to leave your own stamp on. There were people from Georgia, Colorado, and Virginia who had left there little mark in it.
- FYI - Here is what the format of the forum for the new website will look like. Hunting Washington When it is up and running I hope you guys will share it with all your hunting friends. We hope to even have a booth next year at Hunter's Extravaganza to help promote it, too.