This will be the last post for this website on blogger. Please join us at our new site, you will love it! And make sure to join the discussions in our Forum!
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
It will not be long now and the new page will be underway. Thought I would share with you guys a couple things about the new site that you may or may not like.
- The layout is really different. It is a pretty busy website with a lot of information on it, but is also made easy to navigate.
- There is a forum for everyone to post the pictures, videos, point of views, tips, and for sale items. If you would like you can post the pictures on the forum, or send them to us via e-mail for our Home Page and we may do a write up on you as well. This is all free, so please feel free to use it all the time! This forum is also made to post pictures directly from your computer without the use of photobucket, imageshack, or any other hosting website, so you should really like its ease of use.
- You will have to sign up for the Forum with a valid e-mail address and password... just like any other forum.
- We will be having a Big Buck Competition this year, and it is only limited to Wise County, Texas. Since this is it's first year, we are keeping it small and do not want to get in over our heads this year. If you would like to sign up, just wait a week and it will all be on the new site. $60/person and pays 3 places with a mount for 1st place, and deer processing for 2nd Place. Details next week.
- Share the site... the more people that come to the site and use the forum, the more we will all get out of the site, including some nice giveaways...
- Once the new site is up, we will not be posting to this site anymore. We will leave a last post to direct everyone to the new site in case they end up here.
- Here is a little preview I posted on our new Facebook Page, which is also something we added. If you like the Facebook Page (ad on top left), it will also keep you updated with the new site, let you know when contests are starting up, give you a chance at some giveaways, and keep you up to date with new posts :)
Monday, September 9, 2013
- Hog Cheese! Sounds strange right? Well I used it this weekend to see if it would attract this huge hog that has been terrorizing my deer! It is made of fermented peanuts and will make you sick just smelling it.See the brown spot... Hog Cheese! I could smell it while I was up top!
- Well you don't see me posting a picture of the beast do you? I watched 2 does and a fawn get close, sniff it, then run up wind like a bear was chasing them. Not making that mistake again!
- The hog came close, but not in bow range. I also had about 15 turkeys come grazing through my site... I did get a nice little panoramic pic while I was napping in my stand!Click to enlarge!
- The new GoPro works like a champ... I will post some video of the hunt later on today.
- With the new website about to launch I may want to get all of my material ready... I'm a little nervous, but think it will all be easy to use in less than a week.
- Here's a nice little article about Duck Hunting on a budget. For all you deer hunters than don't duck hunt, just wanted to let you know it is just as costly!
- After we get a couple sponsors on the new site we're going to have a nice little giveaway contest for everyone that signs up for the forum. It is a free forum, but we are also going to be offering a "Supporting Membership" and some other odd and end things...
- Of course we will have sign ups for the Wise County Hog Contest and the Turkey Contest on there as well, with the addition of the Big Buck Contest as well.
- And to all of you who didn't try my mojo set up for dove season... you missed out. Yesterday, we shot a mojo because the dove tried to land in the middle of them.
- Here's a nice dove recipe I think I may try after my next hunt!
Friday, September 6, 2013
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
And it's less than a month away!
- Looks like we are going to be hosting a big buck competition this year, but being the first year and the website being remade, it will probably only be for people hunting in Wise County only.
- Johnny over at Rut Country Taxidermy is an SCI certified scorer and will probably be the one to score them... I will post details about it later on!
- And yes, next year we will make it for Wise and surrounding counties, then hopefully to North Texas. This year it will be pretty straight forward, but next year the options will be open for different divisions...
- I just bought one of these... Pick Stick! If you dove, duck, or goose hunt, you must get one, you will not regret it! Video of it in action.
- TPWD had a media release about the rise of Geocaching (a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.) and after I read the article they had, I found a geocache without the use of a GPS device. It was a waterproof box with camo duct tape all over it to keep it hidden... Ironic!
- All it had was a stamp (like an ink stamp) and a journal to leave your own stamp on. There were people from Georgia, Colorado, and Virginia who had left there little mark in it.
- FYI - Here is what the format of the forum for the new website will look like. Hunting Washington When it is up and running I hope you guys will share it with all your hunting friends. We hope to even have a booth next year at Hunter's Extravaganza to help promote it, too.
Monday, September 2, 2013
- Opening day was a nice little starter for the season!
- Nothing better than getting your limit, bring home fresh killed dove, then marinating them for the rest of the day before cooking them that evening.
- They were fabulous!
- Echo, my lab, did excellent (Thank you Jason at Dark Timber Kennels)!
- Echo took off after a wounded dove about 50 yards away that was just hovering about 2 feet off the ground and caught him before he ever touched the ground.
- I hooked up the GoPro to him as well, but missed the best shot when he made that retrieve. I took it off him 5 minutes before... Bummer!
- And for those of you that use mojos, I hope you read my tip in an earlier post about placing them in a triangle pattern facing the center. It worked opening morning and I was the only one in my group to shoot limit... not bragging, just trying to give you guys some dove hunting love.
- Any bands guys?
- Send me some pics of your limits guys!