Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's Your Turkey's Age?

Saw an article on twitter that helps determine the age of a turkey.
Just in case you ever wondered how old it was... 

Spur Length = Age of Turkey
1/2 inch or less = 1 year (jake)
1/2-7/8 inch and blunt = 2 years
7/8-1 inch = 2+ years
1+ inch and sharp = 3+ years
1 ¼ + = 4 years

Beard Length = Age of Turkey
3-5 inches = 1 year
6-9 inches with amber tip = 2 years
10+ inches = 3+ years


EDIT: Someone really likes to comment... this one caught my attention!  I'm expecting a phone call from him any day now! I have no idea who Anonymous is though...

Anonymous Apr 26, 2012 12:52 PM
If the gamewarden is reading this... just know that I have poached 4 longbeards in the past two weeks. Also, I've shot two cows at random. Just FYI :)

1 comment:

  1. If the gamewarden is reading this... just know that I have poached 4 longbeards in the past two weeks. Also, I've shot two cows at random. Just FYI :)

    ReplyDelete